A few weeks ago Nate brought up the idea of a juice cleanse, I had heard of them before but never gave them serious thought. Mostly because I thought I did not have the disciple to go three days with only juice. We did some more research, looked further into it, and decide we should give it a go. (When I say we decided to go on the cleanse I should specify that my husband was so hype about it and I wanted to join along and prove I could to it to, but was mostly terrified.)
So in this blog I am going to write down all the recipes of the juices we made and the times we drank them, as well as extra tips and things I wish I would have done! Lets get started. Prayers 2K18.
- Carrots, apples, lemons, celery, grapes
- Kale, more kale, celery, lemon, Apple
- Carrots, grapefruit, lemon, cucumber (2)
- One avocado at 3:00
- Beets, celery, lemon, apple (2)
- Carrots, grapefruit, lemon, Apple
- Kale, celery, cucumber, whole lemon w fine, Apple
- Beets, carrots, grapefruit, lemon, apples
- ^ again because it was so good
- ^ again because IT. WAS. SO. GOOD.
- We’ll call this the sunrise drink: carrots, grapefruit, celery, apple, lemon
- Kale, celery, cucumber, lemon w/ rhine, grapes
- Avocado and some turkey slices
- And a healthy dinner (roasted carrots and tomatoes) to slowly get my body read for food again!! *more on this below
THINGS I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE
- Prepped before!! Wow oh wow do I wish I would have done this. In more of my reading I realized that people highly recommended going on a completely plant based diet (with food) for a few days before you go into the juice cleanse. Depending on your current eating habits, doing a plate based diet for either two days before, or even a whole week before to prevent getting really sick during your cleanse. Thankfully I only experienced headaches during my cleanse, a factor from the clean break from sugar during those few days, but at times people get very ill – so its extremely important to listen to your body and prep accordingly.
- Branched out on the recipes. I loved the ones I made, but on day three I was really excited to be done with it all.
THINGS I’M GLAD I DID
- DRANK WATER.
- drank more water.
- got lots of sleep.
- peeped and got all the vegetables and fruit before hand, and get LOTS! My total for the tree days of juicing was 30$!
- Eased myself back into food, slowly retraining my body to actual food.
WOULD I DO IT AGAIN
- Yes? But I’ll wait a while before I do it. I love that I can say that I have done this before, my mind feels clearer, my sleep was better, and I feel healthier for sure. However, I do love food food.
FOR MORE HILARIOUSNESS
Check out this youtube video of my expierence:
Wahooo! Yay for #SavvyChoices and trying new things!
So much love,