I have been trying for a long long time to find a banana bread recipe that is #savvychoices approved, and I think this one is pretty dang good. Now, the crumble on the top isn’t very healthy…but life is all about balance right?
This recipe is a mixture of a few of my fav banana breads but with a healthy twist.
So if you’re looking for a fun breakfast bread, brunch banana, or you’re feeling very baker-ly, this is for you.
- 3 mashed bananas (make sure they are v brown)
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup FAGE greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of almond flour
- how ever much cinnamon you like (a.k.a. roughly 5 shakes- aka 2 teaspoons)
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 3 teaspoons of kerrygold butter
- Directions this topping: mix all together in a bowl with a fork until it becomes crumble-y and try not to eat it all before you put it on the top of the bread
- Oven to 350
- grease bread tin with Kerrygold butter
- Mix wet ingredients (first half of ingredients), then slowly slowly add in all the dry ingredients
- Place the mixture in the bread tin
- Sprinkle on the fun topping if you’re feeling festive
- Bake for 50 minutes!
Woot Woot! Happy Baking!
KelseyJanuary 8, 2019 at 2:41 am
What sugar substitute do you like to use? I have been looking for one that doesn’t taste so artificial. Can’t wait to try this!
Savvy ShieldsJanuary 8, 2019 at 11:46 pm
For this recipe I used Splenda, but I also love Truvia!