BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS. Full transparency, I have only recently become obsessed with books. Maybe its because I am fully coming into my inner grandmother as a 23 year old, but REGARDLESS, these are my must have books for this summer. They are perfect for reading while you are laying out, listening to a thunderstorm, or just to place on your coffee table – because we are adults with boujee books on our coffee tables. (All books are linked with their titles, just click the title and it will take you to the book!)
- You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are by Rebecca Lyons – Wow. I read this book last fall with my Bible Study and I STILL find myself going back to specific chapters for wisdom. Broken up into stages of life, this book is amazing if you feel stuck, heavy, weighed down, and want to fee young, wild, and free.
- Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis – YAS. YAASSSS. YAS. I read this book in two days because I couldn’t put it down. A lot of this book is underlined for me, and I keep passing it on to people I love because it makes me want to run a marathon, and I hate running.
- *Nates Suggestion* Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins – I have not read this book, but if you are looking for a book to get any guy in your life/want a book that makes you feel like a superhero, ninja warrior, S.E.A.L, this it is.
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living and Awesome Life by Jen Sincero – hehe I love this one. Read this a few years back in my pageant competing days and again, it is one of those books that I still go back to for inspiration/ if I need a little pep talk. Doubles as a “hype-man”.
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis – This book comes before her second, “Girl, Stop Apologizing”, and it is AMAZING. I actually read the second book before I read this one, and both are jam packed with great information. I wish I would have read this one first, for it is perfect for anyone who needs a fresh restart button.
- Home Body by Joanna Gaines – COFFEE TABLE BOOK GOLD. Also, house inspo GOLD. If you love anything Chip and Joanna/ home improvement/ pretty aesthetics, this is the book for you. It also looks v cute on coffee table.
- Twenty Dinners by Thai Schori and Chris Taylor – This is a fantastic coffee table book and all time favorite of Nate and I. It is an extremely detailed cook book with the most romantic pictures, beautiful aesthetics, and creative meals told to you in a story like fashion. SO GOOD. Nate and I have only attempted to cook three of the twenty dinners and they have been the most hilarious yet liberating and delicious dinners ever.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F— by Mark Manson – This book makes me laugh. I haven’t finished it yet but every chapter makes me feel a little more empowered. A very black and white approach to dealing with other peoples opinions, which lets be honest, we all need.
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery – #ENNEAGRAM!! You all know I am obsessed with the enneagram, and this book provides an in depth overview of each type. If you are wanting to know more about how the enneagram works, and how each number ticks, this is the perfect book for you! It provides conviction and self understanding with every page.
YAS BOOKS! YAS ADULTING.
So much love,